The Backdrop community is proud to release version 1.19.0 of Backdrop CMS, following our 4-month release cycle.
This release contains several new features, user experience improvements, and a few bug fixes for these recent improvements.
Please update Backup and Migrate to 1.x-1.0.17 along with this core update. Some people have reported a conflict with earlier versions of the module.
Notes for updating
- No changes have been made to the
settings.phpfiles in this release. Updating customized versions of those files is not necessary.
update.phpshould not be necessary when upgrading from 1.18.3 or 1.18.4.
Changes since 1.18.4
- Add support for “Relationships” to Layout Contexts. #2134
- Add support for attributes in backdrop_add_css(). #4981
- Add ability to disable the automatic linking of URLs and email addresses by wrapping them in a ‘nolink’ class. #1926
- Add “node-by-viewer” and “node-by-anonymous” classes. #4991
User experience improvements
- Merge all the “Update core/module/theme/layout” pages into a single page. #2714
- Change default behavior of Admin bar: Stick to top of browser viewport. #788
- Change Role edit URLs to use the word ‘configure’ instead. #4899
- Replace the ‘Add role’ button with a ‘+ Add role’ action link, and move the
Role nameform to its own page. #2742
- Fix layout action links so additional links can be added to the list — follow up to 2134. #5074
- Fixed: Do not require the attributes array for backdrop_add_css() — follow up to 4981. #5070
- Add support for wildcards in deprecated path redirects. #2833
- Add Initial PHP 8 Support (PDO, Date, Comment, SimpleTest). #4772